Sunday, October 2, 2011

MARKETING TERMS

Professor at one of the top universities was explaining marketing concepts to the students :

1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say :
"I am very rich. Marry me!" --> That's Direct Marketing

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.
One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says :
"He's very rich. Marry him." --> That's Advertising

3. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number.
The next day, you call and say :
"Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me." --> That's Telemarketing

4. You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door of the car for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride and then say :
"By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me ?" --> That's Public Relations

5. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says :
"You are very rich ! Can you marry me ?" --> That's Brand Recognition

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say :
"I am very rich. Marry me !" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
--> That's Customer Feedback

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say :
"I am very rich. Marry me !" And she introduces you to her husband.
--> That's demand and supply gap

8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything, another person come and tell her : "I'm rich. Will you marry me ?" and she goes with him --> That's competition eating into your market share

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say :
"I'm rich, Marry me !" your wife arrives. --> That's restriction for entering new markets

10. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say :
"I am very rich. Marry me !" Then another person comes and tell her :
"I'm richer than him. Will you marry me ?" --> That's price war

-o0o-

Dad : I want you to marry a girl of my choice. 
Son : No

Dad : The girl is Bill Gates' daughter. 
Son : Then ok

Dad goes to Bill Gates.

Dad: I want your daughter to marry my son.
Bill Gates : No

Dad : My son is the CEO of the World Bank.
Bill Gates: Then ok

Dad goes to the President of the World Bank..

Dad : Appoint my son as the CEO of your bank.
President : No !

Dad : He is the son-in- law of Bill Gates.
President : Then ok !

This is " BUSINESS " :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment